Half-Life 2: Episode Two
Beacon (CoastVille contest entry)A rebel camp along the coast has been wiped out, and the culprits are nowhere to be found. Perhaps there is more to the nearby lighthouse than there seems. This map was made in just 5 days and finished 1st place.
Heron (BridgeVille bonus entry)Find a way to cross a collapsed bridge.
Sweep (BacktrackVille contest entry)Explore a flooded train station to save a lost Vortigaunt. Finished 1st Place.
MAMH (LiberationVille contest entry) [Playthrough Video from Bolloxed]Rebels have received information that a Hunter has turned against the Combine. Freeman must rescue this Hunter and bring it back to White Forest before the Combine euthanize it. Fight alongside a friendly Hunter in this unique and inventive map that was a 2nd place finisher among 15 entries.
High Wire (ChasmVille contest entry and winner) [Playthrough Video from Bolloxed]Freeman must traverse a dangerous chasm using a tram near a lodge held by Combine forces in order to reach Alyx. Made in just one week, High Wire won top honors in a competition with 13 maps.
Truss (VerticalVille2 contest entry and winner)Freeman has to find a way to lower a drawbridge so a train can continue on to White Forest. The scenic bridge was made from several custom props.
Camp 43 (Station60Ville contest entry and winner) [Playthrough Video from Bolloxed]Freeman volunteers to investigate a mysterious and disturbing distress call emanating from Camp 43, which has broadcast on a never-ending loop to all rebel stations around White Forest.
- CityStreetsVille competition, the mod edition of Avenue Odessa adds a thrilling second level aboard a moving train. Features extensive choreography and custom voice work.
Miter (HorrorVille contest entry)Trapped inside Nova Prospekt, a weaponless Freeman has to escape from his cellblock. Fortunately, fellow prisoners have devised “Operation: Miter,” a whirling blade of death, but they were killed by Stalkers in the process of trying to build the device. It’s up to Freeman to finish what they started and chop, slice, and hack his way out of the cellblock.
Cannon Beach (CombinationVille bonus map) [Playthrough Video from Custom Gamer]Captain Meriweather asks for assistance in disabling a Combine Autogun that is preventing rebel ships from crossing a vital harbor. This was a featured bonus map in a competition where entrants could only use two weapons and two enemy types. Cannon Beach features friendly Antlions. Use and sacrifice your Antlion friends to infiltrate the Combine base and deal with a Strider.
Black MesaIn development for over 10 years, Black Mesa was envisioned as a complete remake of Half-Life 1 in the Source Engine. Packed with new content and custom assets, it uses the same Hammer Editor as other Source games. However, unlike the official Half-Life games, Black Mesa game has a built-in Steam Workshop.
- VMF File).
OverloadThe indie game Overload is a spiritual successor to the classic six-degrees-of-freedom FPS, Descent produced by much of the same team. The level editor came out shortly after the game's release. Remarkably, while the game itself runs on Unity, the actual level construction is based upon the same cube-based techniques as the original games.
- Gameplay Video]
DOOM SnapMapSnapMap is the built-in level editor for DOOM (2016) which produces cross-platform maps for PC and console. While you are limited in your ability to construct your own level geometry, the scripting component is surprisingly robust, offering plenty of gameplay and storytelling options.
- Caviar (SnapMap ID: NZKXJBL4): A delusional UAC executive sets his sights on Demonic transformation. Stop him. One of the few maps selected as a Featured Map, Caviar has almost 25,000 plays. [Gameplay Video]
- Third Rail (SnapMap ID: HERFXQDL): With the help of VEGA, the Doom Marine must find a way to restore power to an outbound Tram. This map was also featured on the front page of SnapMap and has almost 9,000 plays. [Gameplay Video]
- Irrevenant (SnapMap ID: HLK65JE6): The Demons thought you would be their ally. They were wrong. You play as a Revenant in this map, using your rocket launcher and jetpack to slaughter Demons left and right. The last map I produced for SnapMap, this one has just over 4,000 plays. [Gameplay Video]
- Argent Overload (SnapMap ID: 3Q9MARYX): Sabotage an Argent Reactor and make a thrilling escape in this single player map!
- Argent Overload ][ (SnapMap ID: NC576AWX): Advocates! Become part of the Demonic Transformation Project today! [Gameplay Video]
- Five Charges (SnapMap ID: QCKZXP3D): Eerie atmosphere gives way to explosions in this short, intense map! [Gameplay Video]
- Nautilus (SnapMap ID: VDAF5WMH): Trapped in Hell, the Doom Slayer must find a teleporter to escape the spiraling Nautilus. [Gameplay Video]
- The Refinery (SnapMap ID: A63Q266E): Fight your way through a Demon-infested refinery. This was the first map I made with SnapMap.
FreeSpace 2FreeSpace 2 is one of the most revered classics of the arcade space combat genre. Developed by the crew that worked on Descent, you go on all kinds of thrilling missions, defending enormous capital ships. It came with the FRED editor, which lets you choreograph and script your own missions.
- FreeSpace Open as well as vanilla FreeSpace 2, this mission contains entirely custom voice acting from several modders in the Source community.
- Nekhbet (Selected as part of Volition’s Sci-Fi Sim of the Year Edition)
FreeSpace: The Great War
- Taranova 2: A Way Out
- Conflict at Taranova
Unreal Tournament 2004 / Unreal Tournament
- Reactor Gamma (Single player)
- Centroid Military Base (Single player)
- Halcyon (Very popular CTF map)
- Elysium (Popular 1v1 map)
- DXX-Rebirth source port is recommended! Level is available at DMDB,
- Project: Mandrill (5 single player levels + 2 secrets) (Winner of the Internet Descent Levels Contest)
- The Phobos Encounter (4 single player levels + 2 secrets)
- Chasm (5 single player levels + 2 secrets)